Full-Time Registered Midwife
Jun 1, 2024 to May 31, 2025
Skeena Midwives is seeking a 1 year full time locum:
- 1 full time registered midwife June 1 2024 - June 1 2025 with potential to stay
- $121,800 annual salary, pro-rated to contract term
- Opportunities to work at full and expanded scope
- Primarily Indigenous clientele in rural/remote setting
- Affordable housing and living expenses; warm and welcoming community
- Strong inter-professional team with integration into primary care clinic
- 1A primary hospital site in Hazelton (Wrinch Memorial Hospital)
- New Registrants encouraged to apply - built in mentorship structure with 2nd on call
Rural/remote midwifery opens doors to clinical and community opportunities not common in urban populations. Practicing with Skeena Midwives often means assisting low-resourced clients navigate social systems to access optimal care. We are proud to head a midwifery-led maternity program at Wrinch Memorial Hospital and belong to a respectful and supportive interprofessional team of physicians, nurses, and nurse-practitioners.
Ideal applicant attributes:
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow in our communities
- Understanding of and commitment to cultural safety
- San’yas Cultural Safety Training Course (or willing to take this)
Terms of locum includng dates and contract could be flexible for the right person. Strong potential to stay long-term if the right fit. Come work with us!
Interested midwives should send their applications (CV and letter of interest) to
Carmen Wiebe, RM or Hana Lang, RM.
778-202-0404 / 416-573-6399
Phone: (416) 573-6399