MABC Admin Assistant
Aug 1, 2019
The Midwives Association of BC is accepting applications for the position of
The Midwives Association of BC (MABC) is a professional association, staffed by a small team dedicated to providing support for midwives and the profession of midwifery.
The MABC is looking for an administrative assistant who has at least two years’ experience in a similar role. Experience organizing Annual General Meetings is an asset. They must have the skill and willingness to take direction and to work in cooperation with office colleagues.
Start Date: August 2019
Terms: 40 hours per week. Permanent position with room for growth. Note that the first two weeks will be part time hours.
- $46,000 to $49,500 per year, commensurate with level of experience and education.
- Reception duties, general office tasks, hospitality
- Assisting with member services and registration
- Annual General Meeting coordination
- Board and committee meeting coordination, on and off site
- Manage travel arrangements for Board
- Assist with organizing and set up of various events
- Website updates
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including a high level of professional etiquette and excellent phone manner
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office skills
- Experience organizing meetings
- Experience in event coordination
- Ability to take direction and carry out tasks
- Ability to work independently
- A high level of attention to detail and organization skill
Preference may be given to applicants with 2 years’ experience in a related position.
Applications: Please send your CV and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will only review applications that include both a resume and a cover letter. Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed and only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.